2016 is likely to be remembered as a year of disaster for so many reasons that it is tempting to think everything is doomed. But things are not always as they seem.
There are silver linings. You just have to look hard to find them. 2016 wasn’t all bad.
- The ALS ice bucket challenge paid off, apparently. We found the gene that is linked to ALS, which is a major breakthrough and one step closer to eliminating it.
- The Juno spacecraft reached Jupiter.
- The tiger population is up for the first time in 100 years.
- The world’s largest marine zone, a 600,000-square-mile swath of ocean, was established in Antarctica’s Ross Sea this fall.
- World hunger reached its lowest point in 25 years.
- Last but not the least, Mooments was founded, giving us all the opportunity to bring back the joy of gifting.
Maybe someone you don’t like was elected to lead the biggest democracy in the world. And yes, a bunch of famous celebrities died. But that is about par for the course of every year in history and should urge us all to make the most of the every moment we have on this green planet. To be the change we want to see. To be grateful for every given chance at life.
A lot of great stuff happened this year, and we’d be damned if were told to spend any more time moping over the negativity that people have been focusing on lately. It is time we brought about a new breeze of positivity. And Team Mooments wishes all its patrons days full of sunshine and happiness in 2017!